HOW TO QUICKLY MAKE A DELICIOUS MICROWAVE MUG PIZZA IN 8 MINUTES
Although I love cooking for my family and myself, I found my interest waning after my child was born, simply because I was too tired and exhausted. But my love for food got me hooked onto mug meals. I found out that mug meals require very little time for prepping and cooking, and a delicious meal ready will be ready in less than 10 minutes. Another factor in favor of mug meals is that the same mug can be used for mixing the ingredients as well as baking, which reduces the time spent at the sink cleaning dishes. I make mug cakes on a regular basis and a few other mug recipes depending on what I am craving for at the moment. It is absolute fun to prepare them. Not only are they quick and easy, but the results are just incredible.
It was purely by chance that I discovered how to make delicious mug pizzas. The other day I was craving pizza at around 1 am when my favorite pizza outlet was closed. That got me thinking about recipes and shortcuts and I decided to make a quick mug version of pizza at home. I got all the ingredients ready, mixed them up in my favorite cup, added some toppings, and my pizza was ready in just six to seven minutes. Here is how to make your own mug pizza.
Microwave Mug Pizza Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 pinch Baking powder
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3-3.5 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter or any flavourless oil
- 1 tbsp Pizza sauce (store-bought)
- 1-1.5 tbsp Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped and caramelized bacon and ham (You can use the 1-2 toppings of your choice)
- 1 pinch oregano and chili flakes
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a microwave-proof mug.
- Add milk and butter to the dry ingredients. Stir it well to remove lumps in the mixture and it all comes together.
- Spread some pizza sauce on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle some cheese.
- Add the chopped and caramelized bacon and ham on top of the cheese layer.
- Cover the top with a little more cheese.
- Add a pinch of dried herbs (I used oregano and chili flakes).
- Microwave for a minute and few seconds on high until it rises and the cheese on top has melted well.
- Let it to cool for a few minutes before eating.
The taste turned out amazingly just like that of a regular pizza, although the base was softer. The cheese and other toppings added to the flavor of the pizza. This recipe is a must-try and I can't wait to experiment with other flavor combinations in the future. This blog was contributed by Sindhu Menon.